Since 2011, Renault has been a pioneer in e-mobility and the market leader in commercial electric vehicles in Europe. The Kangoo electric van has won the hearts of around 70,000 professional customers since its launch at the end of 2011. The new Kangoo E-Tech electric van will be shown for the first time on 16 November at the SOLUTRANS car show in Lyon, France.
Autonomy: 300 Km.
Thanks to the new lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 45 kWh, the new Renault Kangoo E-Tech electric can boast a range of up to 300 km. Moreover, the battery is located under the floor and does not affect the cargo space capacity.
Six different driving modes.
Kangoo E-Tech electric is equipped with a 90kW motor that boasts 245Nm of torque for a smooth and stress-free driving experience in all circumstances. Eco mode limits the vehicle's power and top speed and optimizes range. Used most sensibly when you have a light load.
You can choose from three different energy regeneration modes:
Sailing (B1): Limited energy regeneration, suitable for driving on a motorway.
Drive (B2): Standard energy regeneration, a mode for versatile use.
Brake (B3): Maximum energy regeneration in traffic jams and on roads with lower speeds.
The new Kangoo electric van assists conventional hydraulic braking of an ARB (Adaptive Regenerative Brake System), which helps to maximize the amount of energy recovered despite the selected energy regeneration mode. This means that drivers can choose between six different driving modes for optimal comfort and range. Information related to the selected driving mode, electric power management, and ADAS is displayed on a 10-inch digital instrument panel in color.
Recover 170 kilometers in 30 minutes.
The new Renault Kangoo electric van can be fast-charged (80 kW), which provides up to 170 km range (WLPT) in just 30 min.
The new Renault Kangoo E-Tech electric is equipped with a heat pump that takes heat from the air around the vehicle to heat the passenger compartment without using any of the battery's capacity. The heat pump has the best capacity between -15 ° C and + 15 ° C.
Innovative solutions used by the new Renault Kangoo electric van:
- the ingenious 'Open Sesame by Renault,' which has the market's widest side opening: 1.45 m
- the innovative 'Easy Inside Rack' system and the 'Renault Easy Link' multimedia system with an 8-inch screen
- Hands-free key card
- the automatic parking brake
- the three front seats with a centrally folding backrest that becomes a mobile office
- almost 60 liters of storage space in the cab, including the 'Renault Easy Life' bucket
- The latest generation of ADAS, including Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go and Motorway and Traffic Companion, is marking the first step towards autonomous driving.
- heated windscreen, front seats, and steering wheel (optional)
Since 2011, Renault's factory in Maubeuge has produced Kangoo van (also producing cars for Nissan and Mercedes). The factory has recently been upgraded for over 450 million euros to ensure greater quality. The electric motor and charging units of the new Renault Kangoo E-Tech Electric are manufactured at the factory in Normandy.