What’s new in Tesla Model S Software Release v5.9
"With this release, Model S owners now will have an improved driving experience with Hill Start Assist and expanded Smart Air Suspension options. In addition, they will have the ability to save Work, Home and Favorite locations. Finally, there are improvements for cold weather driving as well as various other enhancements."
Some additional improvements include
- Improved range calculations
- Superchargers and visited chargers show on map automatically with a red pin (the previously used drop down is no longer available)
- The Status bar (including the clock at the bottom of the instrument panel now uses larger font
- The Web browser includes numerous performance and quality improvements
- When driving ‘heading up’ with the Maps and apps in half-screen mode, the car marker is positioned toward the bottom of th map window
- Bluetooth will not continuously attempt to autoconnect to known devices while the car is in use; if you turn your phone’s Bluetooth on long after entering the car, it should still autoconnect.
See images for descriptions of each of the main features.